The SOLAS red flare is designed to show location and allow homing, with one-minute burn and 15,000 candela. Each weighs 10 ounces, measures, 5/8", 1 3/8" and will not drip molten slag down your arm. Red hand-held, short range distress signal. Used to pinpoint location by day or night. Burns for 60 seconds at 15,000 candela. Features a unique telescopic handle making it very compact and space saving when stowed in a liferaft. Easily extended and pull wire operated.
Red Mk, Handflare
(formerly Mk 7)
Red Hand Flare 52800 now Red Hand Flare 52900
McMurdo Pains Wessex MK, (MK7) handflare is now McMurdo Pains Wessex MK, (MK8) handflare
- Signal Type: Red handheld flare
- Burn Time: One minute
- Light Output: 15,000 candela
- Deployment Method: Pull wire igniter
- Type Approval: USCG, SOLAS-compliant, IMO, MED
- Maximum Visibility Range: 5 miles
- Dimensions: 6-7/8”L x 1-1/8”dia.
SOLAS / USCG Approved Product 9529000
* These are surplus expired units, but still work completely fine *